Sunday Social

Sunday Social
[1. What is your favorite Fall activity?]

Oh this brings me to high school. And even once or twice at university, which I hope to make more of a regular habit this semester. Sitting outside on the bleachers, desperately huddled among friends and fellow students, sipping hot chocolate while yelling at the football team to make that pass. I've loved this the past five years. It's just. A really crisp bonding time when everyone is one and together. I enjoy 6am coffee runs with people I live with. Oh. I also enjoy seeing pumpkins. Is pumpkin watching an activity? Winter Olympics -- here I comeeeee.







[2. Do you follow a football team? if so which one and why?]

I do. The Patriots and the Saints. I've been a fan ever since I was like, five, when I had no idea the awesomeness of both teams. Well, the Ps more than the Ss. Now that I know more about the game, I can appreciate the skills. I'm stillll a baseball gal, though. Football reminds me too much of wrestling = guys just jumping on top of one another. And yes, I hate to break it to you guys: just because I live in south Jersey, it doesn't mean I have to like all Philly teams.







[3. What is something fun about Fall in your area?]

Well, there's truly nothing around here. You can drive about twenty minutes and find a hay ride or find a place to pick pumpkins, but there's truly -not much-. Even in Albany I haven't found too much to do just yet. But I'd really like to go apple picking :) I usually try to make pumpkin desserts.





[4. Fav Fall outfit staples?]

Honestly, I love everything in reds, plaid, black, and navy blue around this time of year. They're subtle colours that you can make work with so many different styles. Some of my favourites:



I love oversized sweaters. Complete with black jeans or leggings and boots, and you're too cute for words.



Also love to wear light sports/work out jackets. They're light enough for fall and heavy enough to keep you warm! Plus, I'm pretty big on brisk morning jogs -- so this just accomplishes a lot.




I'm not big on heels, but I do believe if you're wearing dark colours, you need to have something to make you pop a little. Plaid can always do that for you.


[5. Thing you are looking forward to most about this coming Fall season?]

I can't wait to be back in school. I'm so excited to get my sophomore year at university on its way - this could be my second to last year! I'm excited for the football games; the late nights of studying and bonding; brisk jogs in the morning, making early morning runs to coffee shops; snuggling up with Oscar to keep warm with hot chocolate; my birthday; pumpkin coffees and vegan desserts and candles; the sounds of the leaves crunching and the way the dew coats the grass... everything about Fall is just awesome. It's my favourite season, so I'm SUPER glad that it's Neely's as well! I love talking about it. 





[6. Favorite Fall holiday? Traditions?]

Definitely Halloween. I love the atmosphere around it, even as a Christian. I think its history is beautiful as well. I don't really have traditions yet -- but I hope to create some! (Edit: I viewed another person's page, and I realized I -did- have a bit of a tradition with my family? We would always go to the Berlin Mart [[an auction/hugeeee yard sale place]] and get snow cones and apple cidar, the smell thick in the air. It's been a few years, but we did that pretty religiously until I was like, sixteen.)

4 thoughts on “Sunday Social

  1. i want to go pick pumpkins!

    have a great Sunday! drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Patriots too!! I've never been to any football game including high school, my school was small we didn't have a football team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Few things.
    #1. I definitely WANT to go apple picking and make all kinds of apple recipes. Apple pie, applesauce, etc. I really like peeling apples...
    #2. Those plaid heels are so cute!
    #3. Halloween is my favorite holiday! Even as a Christian. :]
    I just like dressing up and candy. I'm so tiny that I got away with trick or treating until I was like 16.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love picking pumpkins, carving them or just decorating them :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your words mean so much to me and I promise, I'll do my best to personally reply back :)

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.