Two and a Half Years


Two and a half years ago something became of us.

It didn't fit into my perfect life plan of marrying my high school sweetheart. I wanted to beat those odds and say, "Look. We were a couple that made it." It didn't fit into my plan - the fighting, the breakup, the comfort of your friendship.

But plans are just expectations we have of the future. They're not set in stone. God works in His own way, and clearly His plan and mine were not harmonious. And you know? That's quite alright by me.



For a long time I felt like I needed to find the perfect person instead of looking for perfection in my person. I vow to you to change that attitude. And with 2.5 years under our belts now, I know that you're all I've been searching for. Maybe tomorrow will be our worst day ever - (who knows? Not me!) - but today is perfect with you, and I'm so blessed that God "messed up" my plans by giving you to me.

Thank you for crying with me. Thank you for being my friend when everyone abandoned me. Thank you for celebrating with me. Thank you for spending copious amounts of time on buses to see me. Thank you for hugging me through my daily frustrations. Thank you for supporting me and encouraging me to keep on keepin' on. Thank you for inspiring me. Thank you rising to my expectations when they've been thrown at you. Thank you for loving me through thick and thin, through highs and lows, through darkness and light. Thank you for believing in me.



I wouldn't want to be rocking back and forth on this sea of life with anyone else. You are what I need in my life right now and I honestly just want to tell you that I love you. I love you and I am here for you in all of the ways you've been here for me. 

Let's survive another six months. ♡ 

Leave a Reply

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your words mean so much to me and I promise, I'll do my best to personally reply back :)

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.