Linking up with Erin tonight before I begin my Skype date with Oscar from El Salvador. ♥
Edit: This was written mostly last night before my lap top crashed and couldn't post it, lollll.
I'm going to do age twenty. My birthday is in like, four months so.
That'd be kind of self-defeating.
Twenty things I want to accomplish in the age of twenty.
- Be officially dating Oscar. Yup. We're just oneness. No title.
- Complete my second year at university, hopefully having a better grip on my majors.
- Have my name published in a book. Which I will; I edited my friend's novel and it should be getting released in a few months.
- Talk with God before making friendship decisions. I've had three years of choosing bad people. I'm not going to God first, and I really need to.
- Get better at writing people texts, letters, and emails back. I -suck- at it while I'm at uni. And one of my friends is in boot camp right now so I really can't be crap at being a faraway friend.
- Exercise at least three times a week. I'm going to have a JAM PACKED schedule as soon as I leave for the school year, so I really need to be mindful of my physical health.
- Get another big girl job. Mind you, not that I'll have time to or anything. But education isn't free.
- Learn and apply both my family's and my friends' love languages. They're incredibly important to learn, and I'm slowly realizing some of my relatives' languages. I want to really get in depth with these so I can have healthier, more genuine, more loving relationships. If you're unfamiliar with love languages, please message me. I'd love to clue you in.
- Go out dancing. I never get to go out anymore and it's really annoying. Just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean I can't have a good time, right? Right. I'd love to go somewhere with my roommate, but as she was injured in an accident, I don't know if her knee is up for it. Maybe just out to a salsa club with Noel.
- Go with my Youth Group again to serve Christmas dinner and care packages at homeless shelters in Camden and Philadelphia.
- Pick up writing to soldiers again via Soldiers' Angels. You can check out the link here. Everyone needs support. And it means that much more to me that Victor is overseas and one day I could touch one of his comrades with love.
- Start and continue to progress through my Bible study with Alex. We've been getting really close via text message/emails, and we decided to become accountability partners and work through a Bible study. She's entering her first year at university, and I'm entering one of my busiest, but I think we both need this and I think we both can do this.
- Incorporate more salads, fruits, and nuts into my diet. I used to be so boss with this and fell off. The past week I've been great at it, and I definitely feel how healthy I'm being. Yesterday I had a crappy food day and I'm feeling it today. Luckily my university has an abundance of the first two. Oh. Probably veggies too. Hm.. #veganwhohatesvegetables
- Start taking vitamins and drinking protein shakes. I'll be the first to admit that being a vegan means you need to work a little bit for the nutrients you aren't recieving. Frankly, I haven't been caring for two years and that's bad because I'm very in-tuned with how neglected and pissed off my body feels. I really need to start getting vitamin D.
- Be more organized. I'm obsessed with planners and I currently have two. But I'm the girl who likes to make lists rather than do them. I was the girl who everyone thought was soooo organized in high school when really I was just good at working under pressure and thinking on my feet. Organized? Please - I had one notebook and folder for every class. One for eight classes - not eight for eight classes. I'm serious about organization this year, though. No more last-minute stress. I need to plan my life like I used to. I took the term "give it up to God" too seriously.
The teddy was a gift. Hush.
... They def are. Maria is late with a lot of things, LOL.
Me/Maria: I have my green sandal and your black boot.
Me/Maria: Check under your bed for mine and I'll look in my closet for yours.
Me/Maria: -swap item- We really need to do something about this.
Me/Maria: -never do-