Fifteen Day Challenge: Day 3

Linking up at Life of Love for day three of the Fifteen Day Challenge :)


[Day 3]: Tell us about an article of clothing you are attached to

I don't usually get attached to clothing - it's mostly jewelry that captures me. But when I really think about it, any of my t-shirts from my high school - from Prom, Teen PEP, Mr. Highland, Student Council, Transition, etc - mean a whole helluva lot to me. I don't have many photos of those, though, so I decided to go with something that I'll never, ever, ever throw away.


(The second one was after we spent a good five hours dancing, so excuse how awful we both look.)

My prom dress. I know it sounds cliche but if you really get to know me, you'll understand how much I don't care about formal events. How I was forced to go to my eighth grade dance and forced to go to homecoming my junior year; how, as his girlfriend, I told Noel to go to junior prom with somebody else; how I hate getting all dolled up because it just isn't me.

But my prom dress symbolizes a huge chapter in my life that I will always hold onto. High school was amazing experience for me. I met wonderful people, was introduced to lasting friendships with teachers, became the determined leader that I am, fell in love for the first time, became a Christian, etc. Everything about high school is embedded so deeply into my heart. My prom dress reminds me of the best night and week of my life that I spent with Noel. Although we are no longer dating, I know he is my soul mate - at least, one of them, as I believe God gives us multiple soul mates for different purposes - and everything about prom and prom weekend made that clearer.

/endsentimentality.

4 thoughts on “Fifteen Day Challenge: Day 3

  1. I love that you're so attached to your prom dress! I don't even know where mine is, so I don't feel similarly, but I love that it's the best night of your life with Noel. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) My friends find it odd, as Noel and I broke up in January, but it will always be the most memorable night for me. ♥

      Delete
  2. Very sweet. Funny how a piece of clothing can hold so much meaning even when you think it's the last item of any sort you would get attached to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that's so sweet...I think I was over my prom dress the day after I wore it. I'm not that fond of it anymore..but I guess it was "me" at that time in my life and I should appreciate it more.

    Great choice :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your words mean so much to me and I promise, I'll do my best to personally reply back :)

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.