Nomination, say what?



So it's definitely taken me a few days to get to this, and I truly apologize!
I want to say a huge thank-you to Erin over at Hopeful Heart for nominating me for the Liebster Award.




According to the tagged post:


"The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome."- Adrian

1.) Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
2.) Choose 11 people and link them in your post
3.) Go to their page and tell them.
4.) No tag backs!"


So here were my questions to answer.

1.) Why did you start blogging?

I began blogging a long time ago on other sites. Back when 'zines (online magazines) were popular on AOL I had a diary there, and then I was on LJ for a little, and fell off completely until my friend Whitney suggested I get back involved. I needed a creative outlet and friendly community, so here I am.


2.) How did you decide on your blog name?

I think a few things contributed to the name:

a) My twitter username was originally scentederasers (shh) before I changed it to jerseyflowers.
b) NJ gets a lot of crap because of TV shows like The Jersey Shore and Real Housewives of NJ (which only details the North, not the South), and I got a lot of that once I moved to NY. I used to hate my state, but I love it so much now. I'm realizing the beauty in it and how there are always flowers growing where you least expect them. I also had a less-than-beautiful childhood, and I like to believe that I came out of it pretty well off and with a good heart. So in my ways, I am a "Jersey flower," as I blossomed among the muck.
c) I like the way it sounds, even if it does seem like I blog about gardening.


3.) Where do you live? Tell me more!

Well I live in southern New Jersey. There's not much to do in my particular area if you don't have a car (which I don't) but there are a lot of buses, I'm learning.


4.) MAC or PC?

I've only ever had PCs, but I'm uninterested in a Mac. My roommate and friend have them and I usually use Maria' computer (roommate) to print things and honestly it's just a little weird. I do appreciate the lack of viruses though.


5.) What personal item could you not live without?

My Bible. It gets me through the toughest of times. 


6.) Do you have pets? Tell me more!

I do not any longer :'( My brother has a kitten in the upstairs apartment where his friend Courtney lives. I call her Leila. He calls her Lil Mama. My name > his name.


7.) What is your favorite hobby?

I honestly have so many of them! I think a big one is singing. While I may not be opera-ready, I don't have an atrocious voice and I love singing in the shower and in general. It cheers me up and makes me happy. It's another way I'm able to glorify God, also.
8.) What's your guilty pleasure(s)?

Scratch-offs. I love playing the crossword or bingo lottery tickets. I rarely purchase them but I'm all for freebies from family members!
9.) If you were an animal what would you be?

I've been told that I would be a cat. I think quickly on my feet and can see peculiarly well in the dark, for one. For the most, I'm one of those people who likes to be left alone. When I want attention, I'll go find it. But I'd like to be an eagle or penguin. SO FREAKING CUTE.
10.) Tell me a good joke.

Q: What's Beethoven's favourite fruit?
A: Ba-na-na-naaa.

11.) What's your most embarrassing moment?
You can find a post about that here :)


Now, I read a bit more into this and apparently it originated something with 3-5 bloggers.
So in response, I'm going to follow that :)


I'm nominating:

Kate @ Begin Anyway
I guess I have a thing for K's and A's this afternoon.

Here are my questions for you ladies:


  • What has been the best part of your blogging experience? The worst?
  • If you could spend the day with any athlete, who would it be and why?
  • What color or pattern do you refuse to wear? Which is your favourite?
  • Tell me something beautiful about yourself, both physically and characteristically.
  • If you could have the answer to absolutely any question in the world, what would it be?

Have a wonderful day and thank you again Erin. You made my day.



2 thoughts on “Nomination, say what?

  1. Wow thank you so much! Congrats on your award, it's well deserved!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your words mean so much to me and I promise, I'll do my best to personally reply back :)

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.