Date With God



This is one of the best articles I've read in a while relating to Christianity. I was feeling very off this morning so I decided to take a walk and go on my own date with God - just to vent and to experience the beautiful sky above.

It was such a wonderful experience. I just let everything out - my frustrations at being unable to locate a job, my confusion about my personal relationships, my need for change, and my overall discomfort with a lot of things in my life. It was a huge weight being lifted off of my shoulders. And of course I spoke praise to my Lord as well - dates aren't one-sided, you know!

I truly felt a presence with me and there were so many little things that I found along my walk that I knew were meant for me to see. My favourite flowers growing; a few baby chicken-swan things all fluffy, white, and adorable; a boy on his steps calling me pretty (though this was also offensive for the feminist in me); and beautiful, gorgeous, warming sunshine.

It's important to talk things out and go on little dates with God. As a Christian we deserve a personal relationship with our creator -- what better way besides getting into the Word?

Family Tree - Matthew West

* Update: God is wonderful. He completely heard my prayers and is actively working on them. So much has improved in just a few hours. Praise God ♥

Leave a Reply

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your words mean so much to me and I promise, I'll do my best to personally reply back :)

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.