Relying On An Invisible Army

"Get out! Get out and leave your captivity
where everything you touch is unclean.
           Get out of there and purify yourselves, you who carry home
           the sacred objects of the Lord.
                      You will not leave in a hurry, running for your lives.
                       For the Lord will go ahead of you; yes, the God
                      of Israel will protect you from behind."
                                                             Isaiah 52:11-12

I don't know about anyone else, but I usually know when I need to spend some time with my Bible.

My heart doesn't feel the same. I get overwhelming needs to sing and praise Jesus, but it isn't just "I want to glorify my Savior" praise - it's "Crap I feel guilty" praise. Little things in my life that I am normally able to brush aside play a much greater role in determining my day and attitude. Just tiny little reminders that I need to focus some energy on Jesus and slow down my day.

As much as I try to appreciate my life, because it's so much better now than it was when I was younger, I still get down. I try not to let the things that people say or do bother me, but it can be very discouraging when it seems like most of your relationships are one-sided. I do a lot for other people and usually do not get the same hospitality returned. And that isn't the point of my kindness, but it would be nice to get a little bit back for a change. Just so that I feel like I have some people to lean on.

It's precisely times like this when I know that I need to turn to the invisible army that constantly surrounds me and consumes my heart. I love my Savior and praise him no matter what my mood is, and don't get me wrong - a relationship with God shouldn't be exercised only when we're struggling. But it's knowing that no matter how alone I feel I always have somebody there that makes it so important TO turn to God when I'm hurting.

Isaiah says that when the world around us is unclean and not right for us, God can help us right our stray feelings. Even the toughest decisions are easy because life is not about fleeing. It is about change, adaption, and moving on. "For the Lord will go again of you; Yes, the God of Israel will protect you from behind" - How AWESOME is that? Need not fear the paths ahead because we do not travel alone and we do not travel vulnerably. Just what I needed today when I'm feeling alone.

Leave a Reply

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your words mean so much to me and I promise, I'll do my best to personally reply back :)

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.