Happy Friday! ... And Ketoacidosis?


I don't have anything in particular to post about today, but I wanted to say hello and happy Friday! Tomorrow, Oscar is coming and staying with me in Jersey for two weeks, and it is also my brother's 21st birthday. I'm excited for both, and I'm very thankful for God's blessings allowing me to see both of them :)

I did want to mention something, though, because I'm a tad infuriated. My friend is nineteen and has Type 1 diabetes. He's been in the hospital for the past three days because of medical complications; doctors believe his body entered ketoacidosis (which you can read about here) and it can be a potentially fatal occurance.

Well, this morning he texted me and told me that he died last night and they had to revive him. Praise the Lord for that - clearly He has bigger plans for my friend's life... But then only a few hours after he texted me, he told me that they are releasing him because right now he "is stable."

...........

WHAT?

Somebody explain this to me. If somebody died in my care the night before and I had to revive them, I don't care HOW stable they appeared - they would be staying at least another night for closer observation. It's ridiculous to me and I cannot comprehend the logic. Time to pray about it.

Leave a Reply

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your words mean so much to me and I promise, I'll do my best to personally reply back :)

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.