Vegan Baking: Banana Bread!

As I mentioned before, I really enjoy baking. A lot of vegan ingredients are expensive though so lately I've had to keep to using mix and adding my own little spins on it. This afternoon I made vegan banana bread! I'm really excited about it.

A little back story though - I hate bananas. HATEEEEE bananas. But ever since... I want to say February I've been craving them. Well, strawberry-banana things. It's so odd. I guess my body really needs potassium but it's all I've been wanting for months!


I can't have eggs, so I had to go with Ener-G Egg Replacer. The bread calls for the Simply Organic Banana Bread Mix, two eggs (which is about 2/3 of a tablespoon of Ener-G powder and four tablespoons of warm milk), 3/4 a cup of warm water, and two medium sized ripe bananas. It recommends a 9" x 4" pan but mine was 9" x 5" so that's fine too!


Mix the batter and the "eggs" together first, and then add in the water and mashed bananas as shown below. I like using ice cream scoopers when I smash fruits because the curvature allows me to really crush the fruit, and duelly I am able to scoop the fruit once it's been mashed up.


Once you get a nice smooth batter, you're ready to do. I use a spoon although I'm sure a mixer or blender would be a lot easier, hehe. I used my spoon to smash the bananas more but I also left some chunky so I could really taste it in my bread. I'm also a big fan of cinnamon, so I added about half of 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to my mix.


The pan needs to be slightly greased and I recommend some vegan flour sprinkled after that, but as I didn't have any, I just used Earth Balance's plain vegan butter to grease up the pan. About that much of a tablespoon.


Looks great now! Into the oven! 50-60 minutes for most ovens on 350 degrees. May need more depending and should cool for about five minutes before serving, according to the instructions. My bread took about 70 to cook fully.


Viola! Delicious :) The cinnamon really gave it a nice aroma and kick.





Leave a Reply

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your words mean so much to me and I promise, I'll do my best to personally reply back :)

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.